Harris Corporation SwitchplusIP Voice Communication System Receives Joint Interoperability Test Command Certification
• Voice communication system achieves interoperability certification for defense applications
• Certification meets military’s rigorous information assurance and interoperability requirements
• Strengthens Harris’ position as leader in developing mission-critical communications products
Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has achieved Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification for its SwitchplusIP Voice Communication System, showcasing its interoperable and turnkey performance in demanding military applications.
JITC is a U.S. government designation that certifies products meet the interoperability and mission needs of warfighters. SwitchplusIP is the only product certified for Multilevel Precedence and Preemption (MLPP) using Assured Services Session Initiated Protocol (AS-SIP) as a radio gateway.
SwitchplusIP can operate as a land-based or mobile communication system and utilizes VoIP technology to integrate legacy equipment with today’s advanced solutions. The system is fault tolerant with built-in network redundancy at every end-point to ensure high availability and reliable communication with critical assets. The system is scalable to support large conferences, and can be delivered in a red/black configuration to support classified missions.
The system is ideal for applications requiring extensive telephony and radio integration – such as command posts, operations centers and test ranges that support one to hundreds of operational positions. The certification includes:
• SwitchplusIP operator consoles with concurrent capability for 30 active telephone calls and 40 active radio channels. Includes the ability to route audio to headsets, handsets and speakers;
• Fully redundant SwitchplusIP communication servers with AS-SIP connections to Avaya Application Server 5300;
• Radio interface units which perform as IP gateways for two-way radios and other 4-wire E&M audio devices;
• Making and receiving MLPP calls over the AS-SIP connection;
• Bridging radio channels, telephone calls to radio channels, and telephone-to-telephone calls
“The certification comes as a result of extensive testing conducted at JITC’s Global Information Test Facility to confirm that the system meets all information assurance and interoperability requirements”, said Ed Sayadian, president, Harris Mission Networks. “SwitchplusIP has already been deployed at many U.S. Department of Defense sites. This certification demonstrates Harris’ continued commitment to information security.”
About Harris Corporation
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.